To search the contents of one or more particular newspapers, magazines, wires, etc. follow the steps below.
- Connect to Factiva.
- Click the Search button located on the top black bar.
- Click Source located in the left column.
- Enter the name of the publication you want to search (i.e Wall Street Journal, ABC News, etc.)
- Click ONCE on the title in the results list. It will appear below the search box.
- Deselect the default of "All Publications" by clicking on it once and select "remove".
- Follow steps 4 & 5 to add another source.
- Enter your free text terms in the upper box. Use "and" in between words and phrases.
- Specify your date range in the drop down box.
- Click on the Search button.
Factiva is now set up to search for articles only in your selected source(s.) To do a new search of your selected sources, click Modify Search. To search All Publications again, click on the Search tab at the top of the page.