- 10 Things to Know
10 Things to Know
This guide introduces new faculty at Boston College to the services available from the University Libraries.
- Your subject librarian is your primary contact for research, collections, and instruction support.
- Embed your subject librarian in your Canvas sites to assist with adding content and providing instructional support.
- Burns Library makes unique special collections materials available to support your research and teaching. Contact us for help with instruction and research support for you and your classes.
- The Digital Studio is equipped with state of the art technology and collaboration space for student and faculty use.
- Our Digital Scholarship team can support you in envisioning, planning and executing digital projects.
- Librarians can help you manage your data, comply with Data Management Plan requirements for grants, and deposit data in the Boston College Dataverse repository.
- The Libraries can increase the visibility of your work by adding it to eScholarship@BC and developing Faculty Publication Highlights interviews.
- We will deliver books to any of our library locations for faculty. Find a book in the Catalog, sign in to see Request options, then choose your desired pick-up location.
- Designate a proxy to borrow or pick up materials on your behalf. To set up a proxy borrower, please complete the Request Proxy Borrower application.
- The Libraries reimburse article publishing fees in fully open access journals through our Open Access Publishing Fund.