The Educational Resource Center circulates a large amount of digital technology equipment, peripherals, and accessories, primarily in support of course assignments in the Lynch School of Education. Most equipment is on loan for four days, but some is available for only two hours or up to two weeks. Check the catalog to see if items are available, and please see the Circulation Desk to check out any digital technology equipment. Digital technology equipment includes:
- Canon VIXIA HF R21 Flash Memory Camcorders
- Cassette Recorders
- ELMO TT-12i Document Camera
- Graphing Calculators
- i>clicker and i>clicker 2
- iPad 3 and iPad 4
- IPEVO VZ-1 HD VGA/USB Document Camera
- Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Cameras
- Multi-Card Reader
- Olympus Digital Voice Recorder WS-801
- Portable Hard Drive
- Power Adapters
- PowerShot SD1300 IS Digital ELPH Canon
- VGA Adapters
- Wireless Keyboard
The ERC also has two SMART Board interactive whiteboards installed in the Library that may be used. For more information on the SMART Boards, please visit our guide.
4 DAY LOAN POLICY
All digital equipment with a 4 day loan may be borrowed for only FOUR DAYS.
The fine for overdue digital equipment is:
- $10 non-refundable charge for 1 piece of equipment every day it is overdue
- $20 non-refundable charge for a set of equipment every day it is overdue (a set is 1 piece of technology, i.e., a camcorder, iPad, digital voice recorder, etc., plus its supporting components)
If only a camcorder is 3 days overdue, then there is a $30 charge.
If a camcorder and any of its components (battery, power adapter, firewire cable, etc.) are 3 days overdue, then there is a $60 charge.
When charges are billed to Boston College Student Accounts, the borrower is responsible for all charges associated with each item. The charges are dependent on the cost of replacing the particular item that is overdue or lost.
There will be a replacement charge for lost bags and tags.
Overdue charges will affect borrowing privileges at all Boston College Libraries.