Are you a new LibGuides author? Use this page to learn how to manage your account and set up your profile.
Already have a profile? Go to Create a Guide and other tabs to learn how to create LibGuides content.
For best practices and standardization in guide creation, see the Best Practices guide.
Your LibGuides Profile
Your profile appears, by default, in the right hand column of each of your LibGuides pages as well as on your main profile page. It includes an image, contact information, a list of the subject areas you cover, and other information.
See Setting Up/Editing Your Profile at the right to learn how to create and manage your profile.
Managing Your LibGuides Account
- Go to the LibGuides @ BC main page at: http://libguides.bc.edu.
- In the upper right corner, click on Admin Sign In.
- Enter your bc email address (including @bc.edu) and your LibGuides password.
- If you've forgotten your password, contact the BC LibGuides administrator to have it reset.
- Note: You can also click on Admin Sign In from any LibGuides page, then click on My Admin to manage your account.
- This will take you to your main administration page from which you can create, edit, and delete guides and create and edit your profile.
Changing your password:
- From your main administration page, go to Edit My Account.
- Enter a new password and click on Save Changes.
Setting Up/Editing Your Profile
To create or edit your profile, click on "Edit My Account" in the orange bar in the upper right corner, and then "Customize My Profile". Enter or edit information in the following boxes:
|Profile Box Title:||This can be your title (i.e. Communication Librarian) or something generic like "Subject Librarian".) Whatever it is, keep it short so that it fits in the narrow column|
|Enter a shortcut name here for your profile page. Mine, for instance, is kenliss, and my profile page is http://libguides.bc.edu/profile/kenliss|
|Profile Image:||Upload an image of yourself from your computer. (If you don't have an image or are not comfortable having one, contact the LibGuides administrator.)|
|Display Name:||Enter your name as you want it to appear in your profile box.|
|Email:||Enter your e-mail address.|
|Contact Info:||Enter your phone number, location, and other contact information. Hit enter to start a new line. (Note that there are separate boxes to enter your e-mail address, website or blog, and instant messaging name.)|
|Subject Specialty:||Enter the subject areas you cover.
NOTE: Use the list of subject categories that we have created for our LibGuides.
|If you have a website or blog you want to link to, enter the URL here.|
If you use Meebo and want to add it to your profile, paste the Meebo code in the box marked Chat Widget Code.