1. Check date of information. When was it published?
2. Who published the information?
3. Think of synonyms for your search terms (alcohol, liquor) or broader terms (dogs - pets)
4. Use SIC/NAICS classification codes to find industry information and or list of companies. For instance, 31214 is the NAICS code for Distilleries.
5. Use quotation marks to search for phrases i.e. "trade associations"
6. If you find a document online and don't have access, see if the library has it.
7. Having trouble finding what you need - ask a librarian.