Submissions will be judged on:
- Quality of the map
- Appropriate use of GIS as a research tool at Boston College within the last year.
- Topics from a wide range of disciplines are accepted (such as Geosciences, Biology, Social
- Sciences, Education, History, Economics, etc). Topics depicting social implications of research
- such as environmental, social justice, public health, etc. will receive special consideration
- Coursework or research undertaken at BC
To enter the contest, please submit a PowerPoint slide, following the instructions below:
Making a poster in PowerPoint
- Create a new PowerPoint presentation and select a blank slide as the slide format.
- Go to the Design menu and choose Page Setup. Under Slides Sized For: choose Custom.
- Type 36 inches for width and 28 inches for height.
On the poster slide include
- Title of your research project and your name
- Department and co-authors if appropriate
- Map or maps of your research using GIS (Geographic Information Systems)
- Abstract describing your research and how GIS was used with results, discussion, and conclusions
- Source of data and how it was used in the project
- In the upper right corner: BC GIS Contest, 2016
- Include a one-inch margin around the edges to ensure text is not too close to edge.