O'Neill Library 5th Floor Study Rooms
Study rooms on the 5th floor of O'Neill Library are intended as a place for students to work and study together. They are not intended for individual study, socializing or as meeting rooms for the business of the University or as general assignment classrooms
O'Neill Study Rooms
Reserve a Room
- Reservations may be made up to one week in advance.
- Maximum 4 hour reservation.
- 1 reservation per group per day. Back-to-back reservations by group members are not permitted.
- Rooms may be reserved by groups of 2 or more.
- Reservations limited to Boston College students, faculty, & staff. Others may use the rooms when not in use but must vacate the rooms for users with valid reservations.
- Rooms 512 and 513 are available on a first-come, first-served basis. No reservations are needed.
- Room 511 can only be booked by Graduate students.
Using the Room
- Groups that have not arrived within 15 minutes of their scheduled time will forfeit their reservation and the room will become available on a first come, first served basis for the remainder of the reservation period.
- When not reserved, Group Study Rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis. However, you must vacate when requested by a group with a valid reservation.
- Users are responsible for personal property. Don't leave items unattended. The Library is not liable for loss/damage to personal property.
- Report any damage or equipment failures to the Circulation Desk. If damage is discovered after your use, you may be held responsible.
- Rooms seat up to 5 people comfortably.
- Each room is equipped with a dry erase board, large monitor and laptop hookup.
Study Room Ettiquette
Keep it down
- Conversations must be held to a reasonable noise level. The study rooms are not soundproof, and loud talking disturbs other users studying in the area.
Keep it clean
- Leave rooms in a clean and orderly condition: clean the whiteboard, do not leave garbage behind, and return furniture to its original position.
Keep it civil
- Please be decent to one another and share these rooms in a spirit of cooperation. If a problem arises, do your best to work it out. If you cannot come to an agreement, contact library staff at the Circulation Desk for assistance.