- British and Irish Women's Letters and Diaries (BC Community Only)
- Drawn from more than 1,000 sources, including journal articles, pamphlets, newsletters, monographs, and conference proceedings, this initial release includes the diaries and letters of 91 women. Access to approximately 24,000 pages of writings can be retrieved by full text searching (simple or advanced) or by exploring the tables of contents. Authors must be women and must have been resident in Ireland or the British Isles for a significant time. Memoirs and autobiographical material are excluded, unless they are considered of particular value. Letters written after 1950 are excluded, and diaries that began before 1950 are included until they are complete. Approximate dates of coverage: 1500-1900.
- Cambridge Collections Online (BC Community Only)
- Cambridge Collections Online offers subject or theme based collections of content. At present, there are two collections comprising the Cambridge Companions in Literature and Classics and the Cambridge Companions in Philosophy, Religion and Culture. Each collection is updated with new Companions on publication and the two are cross-searchable. Also available through Cambridge Collections Online, Shakespeare Survey Online makes the distinguished 60 year history of the print series available online.
- CELT -- Corpus of Electonic Texts
- A project of University College Cork, CELT is an electronic Internet corpus of literary and historical Irish texts in Irish, English, French and Latin. It is marked up using ISO standards in SGML and HTML.
- E-Journals at Boston College
- Full-text electronic journals at Boston College.
- Irish Women Poets of the Romantic Period (BC Community Only)
Irish Women Poets of the Romantic Period includes more than 80 volumes of poetry by approximately 50 Irish women writing between 1768 and 1842.
Nineteenth-Century Fiction (BC Community Only)
250 novels from the period 1782 to 1903, including works by all the major Victorian novelists such as Dickens, Thackeray, the Brontës, Eliot and Hardy, as well as the landmarks of Gothic and other fiction from the Romantic period. A list of authors and titles is available by clicking on the Table of Contents link when on the database's Search page.
- Literature Online (LION) (BC Community Only)
- A fully searchable library of more than 330,000 works of English and American poetry, drama, and prose. This online library also includes biographies, bibliographies, criticism, and reference sources. You may search the complete Literature Online database at once, or choose an individual collection from the list of collections. The collections include: 20th Century English Poetry, ABELL, Early English Prose Fiction, Editions and Adaptations of Shakespeare, Eighteenth-Century Fiction, English Drama, English Poetry, English Poetry 2nd edition, Faber Poetry Library, Nineteenth-Century Fiction, and the W.B. Yeats Collection.
- Women Writers Online (BC Community Only)
- A production of the Brown University Women Writers Project, this database includes texts published from 1400 to 1850.