Studying at BC Libraries
Reservable Group Study Spaces
- O'Neill Library 5th Floor. Book a study room through the online reservation form.
- O'Neill Library Digital Studio. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation
- Theology Ministry Library: has a limited amount of group study space which groups of two or more may reserve by emailing TMLRoomReservations. Space not reserved in advance is available on a first-come first-served basis.
- Social Work Library has two study room available for groups of two or more which can be reserved at http://libcal.bc.edu/booking/swl
Quiet & Individual Study Spaces
- O'Neill Library 4th and 5th Floors
- Bapst Library
- Gargan Hall
- Social Work Library
- Educational Resource Library
- Theology & Ministry Library
Collaborative Study Spaces (First Come, First Serve)
- O'Neill Library 1st floor
- O'Neill Library Digital Studio
- Theology & Ministry Library: Collaborative Learning Room
- Educational Resource Center: Collaboration Room
Graduate Student Study Spaces
There are several spaces across BC Libraries that are designed for graduate student use only.
- O'Neill Library Graduate Reading Room. 4th Floor
- O'Neill Library Group Study Room 511. Check the online reservation form to view availability.
- Theology & Ministry Library. School of Theology and Ministry and St. John's Seminary students who are writing a thesis or dissertation may reserve a closed study carrel. Carrel information and applications are available at the TML Circulation Desk
Late Night Study Spaces
- O'Neill Library: open 24/5 Sunday-Thursday during the fall and spring semesters
- Gargan Hall in Bapst Library: open until 2am Sunday-Thursday during the fall and spring semesters
- The O'Connell House Student Union: has study space 7 days a week beginning at 8 a.m. The house closes at midnight Sunday through Thursday and 1am Friday and Saturday
Libraries with Restricted Access
- Law Library: reserved for Law School students.
- Burns Library:reserved for researchers using the collections in the Burns Library.
While both of these libraries welcome visitors, general studying is restricted.