Currently, O'Neill Library has 10 MacBook 12'' laptops and 10 Dell Latitude E6440 laptops.
- MacBook Air laptops comes with a protective case, USB-C adapter, and a charge block with cord.
- Dell Latitude laptops come in a protective case with a charge block and cord.
If you're having trouble logging onto a loaner laptop you can use the guest login:
Currently, O'Neill Library has 20 iPad available for loan. Each iPad comes in a case with a bluetooth keyboard, charge block, and charge cord.
Additionally, O'Neill library offers faculty, staff, and student organizations two iPad Loaner Packs for use at meetings, exhibits, meetings, and more.
O'Neill Library offers a variety of peripheral loan items available to Faculty, Staff, and Students including headphones, laptop chargers (Apple, Dell, and HP), computer adapters, calculators, microphones, and more.
TECHNOLOGY LOAN & USAGE POLICY
BOSTON COLLEGE, O’NEILL LIBRARY TECHNOLOGY LOAN AGREEMENT
- By checking out technology items at O'Neill Library I understand:
- Usage is subject to the Boston College Technological and Information Resources Use Agreement.
- A BC ID is required to check out any equipment.
- The loan period is 4 days.
- If I keep technology items past the due date, the library reserves the right to suspend my library privileges and charge my account for the maximum overdue fines plus full replacement costs which may be non-refundable.
- Overdue charges accumulate after the due date/time up to a maximum of $100.
- Total replacement cost for a lost, stolen, or damaged technology items runs as follows:
- Dell Laptops: between $1100 - $1200. This includes the cost of the laptop (~$1100), adapter and charge cord (~$40), and carrying case (~$30).
- Macbook Laptops: $1300 - $1400. This includes the cost of the laptop (~$1300), case (~$20), adapter (~$40); charge block + cord (~$50).
- iPads: between $600 - $700. This includes the cost of the iPad (~$500), charge block and charge cord (~$40), bluetooth keyboard (~$100) and carrying case (~$30).
- Peripherals: up to $100.
- I will be billed for the replacement cost 7 days after the due date.
- I will reimburse Boston College for the cost of repairing/replacing technology items and/or accessories if they are lost, stolen, or damaged while checked out on my library account
- I will return technology items directly to a staff member at the O’Neill Library Service Desk and not place it in the book return or at any other BC Library.
- I will report any problems with technology items to a staff member when the item is returned. This includes any damage to the device.