Before searching for data, clearly define what you need. Create a specific statement of exactly the kind of data you need.
Locate Government Agencies, Organizations and Boston College commercial subscriptions.
Search the major bibliographic databases in your field to find data citations for data used in research in your field.
Some data supplied by data archives such as ICPSR contain restricted data. This data requires special security to insure protection of confidential material. If you identify restricted data that you wish to request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
If you can't find what you need contact: DATASUPPORT@BC.EDU
Key Data Resources
Data Services Support
Data Support Services:
- Locating data for research or teaching
- Class demonstrations for finding data, using statistical tools and Geographic Information Systems
- Statistical packages support
- Conversion utilities
- Database access and retrieval methods
- Advice on alternative software that might be used for a specific analysis resolution of programming problems ('debugging') using any available ITS Research Services license or vendor
- Web-based documentation to assist users with packages, databases, and web-centric resources for statistical computing
- Support for access to restricted data
Need help finding Data, Statistics, GIS?
Help with SPSS, Stata?
Help with a data management plan? Where to archive your data?
Finding Data /Purchase Recommendations / Data Management Plan Support Contact:
Barbara Mento, Data/GIS Manager email@example.com
Please send any data questions, class instruction requests to :
Advanced Data Research Support Contact:
Rani Dalgin, Data Management Support and SPSS. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send question regarding statistical software and analysis to: or email email@example.com