In support of course assignments and curriculum in the Lynch School of Education the Educational Resource Center circulates educational technology, equipment, peripherals, and accessories. Circulation policy varies from 2 hours to 4 days or 14 days. Check the catalog to check availability.
Educational technology includes:
- Canon VIXIA HF R21 Flash Memory Camcorders
- Cassette Recorders
- ELMO TT-12i Document Cameras
- Graphing Calculators
- i>clicker and i>clicker 2
- iPad 3 and iPad 4
- IPEVO VZ-1 HD VGA/USB Document Camera
- Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Cameras
- Multi-Card Readers
- Olympus Digital Voice Recorder WS-801
- Portable Hard Drive
- Power Adapters
- PowerShot SD1300 IS Digital ELPH Canon
- VGA Adapters
- Wireless Keyboards
The ERC also has two interactive whiteboards (SMART Boards) available for use. For more information on the SMART Boards, please visit the SMART Boards in Education Guide.
4 DAY LOAN POLICY
All digital equipment with a 4 day loan may be borrowed for only FOUR DAYS.
The fine for overdue digital equipment is:
- $10 non-refundable charge for 1 piece of equipment every day it is overdue
- $20 non-refundable charge for a set of equipment every day it is overdue (a set is 1 piece of technology, i.e. a camcorder, iPad, digital voice recorder, etc., plus its supporting components)
If only a camcorder is 3 days overdue, then there is a $30 charge.
If a camcorder and any of its components (battery, power adapter, firewire cable, etc.) are 3 days overdue, then there is a $60 charge.
When charges are billed to Boston College Student Accounts, the borrower is responsible for all charges associated with each item. The charges are dependent on the cost of replacing the particular item that is overdue or lost.
There will be a replacement charge for lost bags and tags.
Overdue charges will affect borrowing privileges at all Boston College Libraries.