The Boston College Dataverse is for the deposit of Boston College research data.
- This may include tabular files, geospatial files, textual files, digital images, digital audio, and digital video. Other data types are also welcome. Open nonproprietary formats are encouraged for long term archiving. A list of recommended formats is available in the Libraries’ Data Management Research Guide.
- Please submit scholarly publications, such as articles, books, reports, or working papers to eScholarship@BC, Boston College's institutional repository, to archive and share these documents. These materials can include links to supplementary data in Dataverse.
- Data deposits must be affiliated with research produced at Boston College. Eligible depositors include Boston College faculty members, researchers, enrolled students, and university employees.
- Depositors may only submit original work to which they hold the copyright or have permission to deposit and which to the best of their knowledge will not infringe upon anyone’s intellectual property rights.
- Deposits should comply with Boston College’s Intellectual Property Policy.
- The default data usage license agreement is the Creative Commons Zero (“CC0”) Public Domain Dedication. Depositors should contact email@example.com to explore other licensing options.
Dataverse imposes a limit of 2GB per file uploaded in a dataset. If you would like to upload a file larger than 2GB, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.