Finding Data Sets
This list of data sets was created for the use of students in various classes who need to find a data set for analysis.
Data Sets from ICPSR
The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), an international organization of colleges and universities which provide access to the world's largest archive of computerized social science data in the areas of political science, sociology, demography, economics, history, education, gerontology, criminal justice, public health, foreign policy, and law occurring in over 130 countries.
To download data, create an account and click on the "downloads" link of the study.
- Use left hand filters to select delimited data, years of surveys and non-restricted data.
- Browse variable to see frequencies and number of cases for study.
- Use quotations marks for phrases like "work force"
Suggested data sets:
- Survey of Consumer Attitudes and Behavior, December 2012 (ICPSR 35464)
- Soul of the Community [in 26 Knight Foundation Communities in the United States], 2008-2010 (ICPSR 35532)
- Compassion Capital Fund Demonstration Program Impact Study,FY2006-2008, United States (ICPSR 29481)
- Survey of Arts and Cultural Organizations  (ICPSR 35240)
- Evaluation of the Target Corporation's Safe City Initiative in Chula Vista, California, and Cincinnati, Ohio, 2004-2008 (ICPSR 28044)
- Weekly Production Scheduling at Assembly Plants in the United States Automobile Industry: 1972-1983 and 1990-2001 (ICPSR 23542)
- Professional Worker Career Experience Survey, United States, 2003-2004 (ICPSR 26782)