Available Digital Equipment
The ERC offers a number of digital technology equipment for loan. Digital technology equipment is on loan from the ERC for 4 days or 2 hours. Check Holmes, the online catalog, to see if items are available. Please see the Circulation Desk to check out any digital technology equipment. Digital equipment includes:
- Canon Vixia HF R21 Digital Camcorders
- Canon SD1300IS Digital Cameras
- Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Cameras
- Olympus WS 801 Digital Voice Recorder
- ELMO TT-02s Teacher's Tool (Document Camera)
- 65W and 85W Mac Laptop Chargers
- 90W AC Adapter (Dell Charger)
- Ti 84+ Graphing Calculators
The ERC also has 2 SmartBoards in the library that may be used. For more information on the SmartBoards, please visit http://libguides.bc.edu/interactivewhiteboard
4 Day Loan Policy
DIGITAL EQUIPMENT POLICY
All digital equipment with a 4 day loan may be borrowed for only FOUR DAYS.
The fine for overdue digital equipment is:
- $10 non-refundable charge for 1 piece of equipment every day it is overdue
- $20 non-refundable charge for a set of equipment every day it is overdue (a set is 1 piece of technology, ie. camcorder, iPad, digital voice recorder, etc., plus its supporting components)
If only a camcorder is 3 days overdue than there is a $30 charge.
If a camcorder and any of its components (battery, power adapter, firewire cable, etc.) are 3 days overdue than there is $60 charge.
When charges are billed to Boston College Student Accounts, the borrower is responsible for all charges associated with each item. The charges are dependent on the cost of replacing the particular item that is overdue or lost.
There will be a replacement charge for lost bags and tags.
Overdue charges will affect borrowing privileges at all Boston College Libraries.