RefWorks enables you to:
- import references directly from databases,
- organize your references into folders,
- insert references in any format into your research paper, and
- create a bibliography with one click.
RefWorks is free to the Boston College community and available via the web.
As of August 2016, New RefWorks has been made available by ProQuest. To begin using New RefWorks, just sign up for a new account and if necessary, move all of the references into your new account. When you create a New RefWorks account, your old account will still be available. Old RefWorks will be permanently discontinued by ProQuest in January 2018.
For additional assistance with RefWorks, please e-mail a librarian or call 617-552-4472.
Create a New RefWorks Account
New RefWorks is available to Boston College students, faculty, and staff. To create an account:
- Go directly to the New RefWorks login page.
- Click Create Account under the login bar.
- Use your bc.edu email, and follow create account instructions.
- Once you have completed the registration, you can login with your new username and password. (Remember: although you must use your BC email, this account is unrelated to your Agora Portal login.)
Why RefWorks (2 minute video)
Citation Manager Help